What is Quora?
Quora is a social Q&A community. Since being founded in 2010, the platform has seen its user base soar. Today, Quora garners over 1.5 million monthly visitors worldwide.
Quora is a bit of a mix between Facebook and Wikipedia ... but nothing like it,really! Like Wikipedia, Quora also contains numerous details and answers about different topics. Like Facebook, Quora is also a social platform.
Quora is social networking as well as a question and answer site where questions & queries are asked, answered, edited and organised by the community of users known as Quorans. Here, the users can collaborate by editing and merging the question by editing and suggesting edit to other relevant users. Users can open an account by using their Google or Facebook ID or they can create an account on Quora by registering their Email ID and filling in the necessary details.
Quora allows it's users to ask questions, merge questions, follow a question, answer a question, request to answer a question, suggest edits, upvote, downvote, thank, comment, share and bookmark.
Why should you check out Quora? Here are five great reasons:
- You can get exposure to Quora’s millions of monthly visitors worldwide.
- You can demonstrate your expertise on almost any topic.
- You can get insights from experts in any industry.
- You can give direct answers to anyone asking about your business, products, or services.
- You can share content from other websites (including your own) in topic-focused boards on your profile.
I'm just getting into Quora, and I'm loving it! I'll write another blog post when I have more experience with it. Get started - let's discuss it over in the Hello Media Facebook Group!
A great post by Neil Patel about Quora can be found here.
10 reasons why Marketers should use Quora by SEMRUSH here.