"Should I have a Wix, Weebly or Wordpress website?
Or Shopify or Squarespace or just a GMB website?
Will my SEO be affected by what platform I choose?
What if I only want a landing page?
Do I actually need a website?"
These are just some of the questions I get asked when I talk about WEBSITES. In this article, I answer most of the frequently asked questions when it comes to why your business needs a website.
Why a website?
Websites work. No matter what your business or profession, a website can generate business, promote goodwill among customers and prospects, and deliver strong marketing messages - whether your business is small, large or in-between, well-established or brand-new. Most importantly, your website helps build the customer trust factor, alongside your social media & email marketing efforts.
Every business is different, and each business will gain from having a website in different ways.
Some businesses will need an ecommerce store, booking forms, or more "complicated" features, others will just benefit from having a landing page with business-card type of information. Even the simplest things like an address with directions and a map to your business can make a world of difference.
The benefits of having a website and the importance of one is all about the benefits it provides CUSTOMERS and YOU as a business.
18 reasons why your business needs a website:
- Important for marketing
- Increasing sales from online customers
- Builds the customer trust factor
- Accessible 24>7
- Makes the correct first impression
- It’s cost-effective with positive ROI
- Convenient for customers & accessible from anywhere
- Looks and is professional
- Greater audience reach
- Enables self-service customer support
- Low-cost advertising opportunities
- Increases company visibility
- Engages users with content
- Puts the customers first (shows you think about their needs)
- Gets important feedback from customers
- Opportunity to beat competition via SEO and better/more content
- Builds connections with customers
- Provides a resource and information hub
Does Google care which platform you choose to build your website on?
Google DOES NOT care about what platform you're on as long as your site is optimised for mobile devices, speed and basic on page SEO.
Google themselves have clearly stated many times they are platform agnostic.
Things to consider;
- Are you going to build it yourself?
- Have you built a site map?
- Are you going to outsource your web building?
- Choosing the right website platform is a huge undertaking - get the platform choice right first, and you'll save a lot of heartache, money and pain in the long run!
- Get your website right and make it work for you.
We wrote a comprehensive guide to the various platforms you can choose for your business website. Head to the Hello Media Facebook Group and check the units section.